Hello my beauty Inspirers! It’s been quite a month for me personally and I have to say, everyday comes with a surprise. I’ve received quite an overwhelming feedback after publishing my recent article MY STORY : HOW I OVERCAME PCOS (Part 1) and I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU my dear inspirer’s for reaching out to me, it has helped me grow emotionally with each one of you!
Now, let’s get back to the important topic here today- HAIRCARE ROUTINE. A couple of you have mailed me asking about my hair care routine therefore I have decided to do a post about my religious routine that I do for my hair and some tips that I learnt since I was young!
My hair concept is SIMPLE – Care for your hair as much as you care for your skin. Most of us neglect this key important routine, just as our skin, the hair is the one among the important beauty to our features. Believe or not, that’s our crown of glory.
HAIR TYPE: As a child, I was born with a lucious lux wavy hair and they happen to be smooth and silky! (thank you mommy). See, it’s important to know what is your hair type as often needs to be treated and taken care of in different ways.
MYTH: Wavy hair has s-shaped curls down its length, it’s the perfect blend between straight and curly. Sometimes the hair can appear straight with slight bends towards the ends of the hair, or it can have consistent waves throughout the shaft. This hair has ultimate flexibility, and is easy to straighten, keep wavy, and curl.
NOTE: Sometimes it can get greasy on the top and dry at the bottom, and is much more prone to frizz than other types.
HOW I CLEAN: I would wash my hair 4 times a week. Personally that differs for an individual but I like to keep my hair healthy at all times.
HOW I CARE: I WOULD
- Avoid hot shower directly on my head.
- Shampoo my scalp and massage it in a circular motion.
- Deep conditioner it only twice in a month just to keep my hair soft.
- NEVER comb my hair using a brush when it’s wet. I’ve once read that when our hair is soaking wet, it is weaker, fragile and more susceptible to breakage.
- Always brush from the bottom and work up.
- Keep my brushes clean.
- Use a low-heat setting for hair drying and point the nozzle down. (Most of the time I leave it to dry on it’s own)
- Always deep soak my hair with organic coconut (thickness), almond (smooth and silky) and castor oil (strong hair growth) every weekend and washes off with lukewarm water.
- I’m faithful to Herbal Essence hair shampoo and conditioner. It’s been years now and this product is still the best! It makes my hair healthier, shining and smell good all day long!
- I would use the Vatika Coconut & Almond oil + homemade Castor oil
STYLE: Since wavy hair has many choices, I can choose whether to straighten it, leave it wavy or curl my hair more. Based on my experiences, I would suggest to all women who has wavy hair – keeping it natural and spritzing some texturizing or salt spray gives you a beachy look. The slideshow has few pictures of me in different hair style tone.
That’s all about it,
And there you have it! My hair care routine and go with them. Add these extra universal rules of thumb to help your hair stay its most healthy and beautiful:
- Always use heat protector before styling.
- Invest in a silk pillow to prevent breakage.
- Eat healthy foods and drink water to help new hair grow beautifully.
© 2016 InspiredbyCherisha.com
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED