When it comes to taking care of our appearance we are quick to beautify ourselves by going to the beauty parlor and get that radiant glowing skin. But what about our bodies? Getting a massage may seem like an unnecessary indulgence, but as it turns out, it could just save you more money on beauty in the long run.
A good massage does more than just relax your muscles. It beautifies the body from head to toe! A simple fact about body massage is that it doesn’t just pamper and relieve stress – they help improve circulation which enhances your skin’s glow. Blood flow increases significantly during a massage and plumps tired skin immediately.
The benefits of massage:
- Improved Skin Tone: Who doesn’t want smooth, glowing skin? Massage can add vitality to a lack-luster complexion in quite a few ways. First, it improves lymphatic flow. In other words, it rids your body of toxins and makes more room for the good stuff, like oxygen and nutrients. And, massage increases blood flow, which brings fresh oxygen and nutrients to the skin and encourages the presence of healing red blood cells. This nourishes and brightens the skin, decreases inflammation, and gives you an all-over natural glow.
Plus, massage is exfoliating. All of the kneading and stroking gently removes the top layer of dead skin cells, which makes your skin look and feel better.
- Anti-aging properties: Body wraps and anti-aging facials firm up loose skin and treat the unsightly appearance of cellulite, revealing younger-looking skin.
- Healthier Hair: Great hair starts at the scalp. A gentle scalp massage increases blood flow, which may reduce dandruff, strengthen your hair’s roots, make your locks grow longer, and result in stronger, shinier hair over time. And in addition to great hair, scalp massages also work wonders for headaches.
- Firmer Skin: Massage is good for your skin at any age, but its benefits are most visible in your 40s and beyond. When you’re young, your skin tissue is naturally strong and supple. But as you age, your skin’s elasticity starts to collapse and it becomes more susceptible to gravity. Massage may increase the production of collagen, the protein in your skin that is responsible for providing elasticity and strength. With a boost in collagen, your skin will look firmer and more youthful.
- Better Beauty Sleep: We’ve all dozed off on the massage table a few times, but the sleep benefits of massage go beyond a quick doze. Massage boosts serotonin, lowers stress hormones, and reduces pain for a restful and restorative night’s sleep.
- That Inner Glow: While your skin and hair may shine, true beauty is more than skin deep. When you take the time to treat your body right and give it the healing touch it deserves, you’ll feel beautiful inside and out. Massage is a whole-body treatment that will leave you feeling relaxed, rejuvenated, refreshed, and yes, more beautiful than ever.
My Fav Massage Spa – Thai Odyssey
I have explored a couple of massage spas all my life but this place remained my favorite. Thai Odyssey is known for its relaxation environment, therefore as you enter any one outlet of theirs, you could feel that you just walked right into an ancient oil factory. It smells therapeutic. And they always serve delicious Thai tea with ingredients and flavor that are popular in Asia before we start our massage session. Truly, Thai Odyssey is heaven!
On a serious note on Thai massage, a traditional Thai massage is very intense, close to the pain and pleasure at the same time – if you have any muscle problems, pain is always present. After a first traditional Thai massage, you can feel some muscle pain, which should disappear in a few hours. One can feel it because of the stretching of our muscles as the supply of blood on the massaged points or nerve irritation. If pain has softened but not disappeared or you have a very active way of living, it’s appropriate to repeat massage after 3 days.
The welcome stone @Setia Eco-Park, Malaysia.
Today I found a Thai Odyssey spa that was nearby my apartment, and as I walk in there’s a huge artistic looking statue that welcomes everyone who comes to Thai Odyssey.
Isn’t this place looking soothing? Oh trust me, you could literally hear the birds chirping in the midst of this relaxing environment. Every massage starts with feet cleaning, so don’t be shy.
Post-treatment, the ‘Cha Hom Potunam‘ tea is served hot. ‘Cha Hom Potunam‘ tea is a great mixture of different types of herbs including Asiatic Pennywort, Bael Fruit, Chrysanthemum, Galangal, Ginger, Jewel Vine, Lemongrass and Safflower – These mixtures of herbs are brewed into a hot pot that keeps us feeling refreshing and it is a calorie-free drink. At the end of the treatment comes another drink (sometimes the same thing brewed hot) to bring the visit full circle. It’s a small touch, but a very important one.
When coming into the massage room, be prepared to twilight, Asian music, and oriental aroma. Change clothes to the one prepared by the spa, but stay with your lower underwear.
A huge love to my masseur that eased my muscle tense, I loved her warm aura and gesture of kindness, it’s amazing how a total stranger could de-stress away from your pain. A sincere huge thank you, madam! Massage is a wonderful way to relax, de-stress, and improve your health. What are you waiting for, go pamper yourself!
© 2017 InspiredbyCherisha.com
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED